Mandate of KVK :
Assessment, refinement and demonstration of technology/ products.
Activities of KVK :
- On-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems;
- Organize frontline demonstrations to establish its production potential on the farmers’ fields;
- Conduct training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies; and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development;
- To work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sectors for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- In order to create awareness about improved technologies, a large number of extension activities are being taken up; and to support various activities,
- Seeds and planting materials are also produced by the KVKs and made available to the farmers.